This casserole is hands down one of the most delicious things I’ve had in a while. It combines gooey cheese, spicy chicken, bacon, and much more.
For a meat free option tofu can be used in place of chicken. There are also vegetarian or vegan versions of bacon that are avaiable if you prefer that. i often prefer vegeterian or vegan options but went with regular chicken for my family’s sake for this one.
You could almost call these chicken potato nachos, but they are so much more than that One thing I can say for sure is that this is a MUST try.
Cheesy Potato Chicken Bake
This ooey gooey cheesse chicken and potato bake is guaranteed to be the most delicious you have tried.
- 5-8 red potatoes
- 1 pkg precooked bacon
- 1lb chicken
- 4 C shredded mexican blend cheese
- 5 green onions
- 1 can diced tomato, drained
- 1 pkg fajita spices
- 1/4 C Cholula hot sauce
- Quarter potatoes or cut into 1 inch chunks depending on size of potato used Place in baking dish.
- Toss chicken in hot sauce, diced tomatoes, and fajita spices. Top potatoes with chicken.
- Cook bacon according to package directions. Crumble or dice and scatter over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Chop green onions and scatter over cheese.
- Return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
different hot sauce can be used. However, Cholula is my personal favorite.
What Changes Did You Make?
So did you try it? What changes did you make? I love getting new ideas from you guys and hearing about your creations.