This casserole is hands down one of the most delicious things I’ve had in a while. It combines gooey cheese, spicy chicken, bacon, and much more.
For a meat-free option, tofu can be used in place of chicken. There are also vegetarian or vegan versions of bacon that are available if you prefer that. I often prefer vegetarian or vegan options but went with regular chicken for my family’s sake for this one.
You could almost call these chicken potato nachos, but they are so much more than that! Are potato nachos a thing? If not, they totally should be! Regardless, this is a meal that you absolutely have to try.
You can season your chicken any way that you like for this one. I have been working out an idea for using Cajun spices for a version of this along with a few others. However, we prefer fajita spices and hot sauce to go along with the nacho theme for the meantime.
Cheesy Potato Chicken Bake
This ooey gooey cheesse chicken and potato bake is guaranteed to be the most delicious you have tried.
- 5-8 red potatoes
- 1 pkg precooked bacon
- 1lb chicken
- 4 C shredded mexican blend cheese
- 5 green onions
- 1 can diced tomato, drained
- 1 pkg fajita spices
- 1/4 C Cholula hot sauce
- Quarter potatoes or cut into 1 inch chunks depending on size of potato used Place in baking dish.
- Toss chicken in hot sauce, diced tomatoes, and fajita spices. Top potatoes with chicken.
- Cook bacon according to package directions. Crumble or dice and scatter over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Chop green onions and scatter over cheese.
- Return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
different hot sauce can be used. However, Cholula is my personal favorite.
This is definitely a heavy recipe so I would suggest keeping portion sizes small. To keep the salt levels down you can choose to use low sodium bacon or skip some of the spices. For a faster alternative, you can choose to use precooked chicken or rotisserie chicken. Either would work just as well for this recipe. If you have an instant pot you can easily make a few batches of cooked chicken breast to add to this and any future chicken bakes or recipes that you do. ( It is a great option for enchiladas!) If you like you can also add in some salsa or other other sauces in place of the hot sauce to give this recipe at least a few more vegetables. ( Yes, salsa is totally a vegetable and you can’t tell me otherwise!)
If you give our recipes a try be sure to tag #dorkymama on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Leave us a comment and let us know any changes you made too! We love to hear from you guys!